Monday, August 3, 2009

Practical School Technology

There's an interesting read on Jack Wallen's blog over at TechRepublic about the adoption of open source software in schools. It sparked a lot of discussion, but I guess any time you ask, "Why aren't insert-any-organizations adopting open source?" you're bound to get a lot of discussion.

There were comments from a very diverse group of people. A lot of suggestions were made, some good and some bad. But there were a lot of seemingly good ideas that just are not practical for public education. I thought about replying to some of the comments but I couldn't decide where I wanted to start. So I came up with the idea of starting this blog. A blog about more than just the who/what/when/where/why of adopting open source software in public education, but a blog about lessons learned in dealing with technology and public education, a blog about practical users of technology in education. I invite you guys to join me with comments so we can make this a great place to find ideas for things that work.

No comments:

Post a Comment