Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blogging about blogging

This blog has been around for a couple of years.  That is if you count from the time of my first post until the time of my most recent post.  If you count time spent updating it, it's only been around for a few days at most.  My posting hasn't been very regular, but I'm trying to fix that.  I recently found Jennifer Dewalt's blog http://blog.jenniferdewalt.com/post/56319597560/im-learning-to-code-by-building-180-websites-in-180 where she built a website a day for 180 days.  If she can find the time to learn and the time build something every day surely I can find the time to come up with something to write about, the time to write it out and the time to post it here.  I keep saying time time time.  The time is a big deal, but the ideas to write about have been a big deal too.  I have found that constantly looking for things to write about has changed how I view the things that I do during the day.  Every little thing that I do I find myself asking, "How would I write about this?"  I used to start out thinking about "how interesting something was" or "how novel the idea was."  Then I'd get stuck with "am I going to sound like an idiot" writing about this?  But I've come to the conclusion that the answer to the last questions is "yes" but it doesn't really matter.  I'm writing because I'm want to write.  Hopefully, you'll find something of interest here and if nothing else maybe you'll get a good laugh out of me sounding like an idiot.  That gets part of the idea stumbling block out of the way, now to work on finding the time.  :)

Does this post make sense?  Sort of, but they say practice makes perfect, right?  So, I'm going to keep at it and see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment